Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 19:49:06 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I do wonder why some have cars if they don;t drive to work
and the car spends most of the time outside their own home.

Because if you live in the congestion zone and work there too,
it makes more sense to only use the car for the shopping etc
instead of trying to lug the grocerys around on public transport.

I can do that and do it most days of the week, I don't need a car to buy a bottle of milk.
If you live in the same zone like a congestion zone perhaps you don't need a car. The flats being built near me have NO parking on or off street aka no parking in the immediate area is possible, they are sold and peopole are told there is NO parking.