Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 09:56:45 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 18/09/2019 23:32, T i m wrote:

However, if a Brexiteer was counting the votes, a return of 3 for
versus 2 against out of a population of 10,000 would mean it would be
carried. Democracy in action etc. ;-)

i) You erroneously assume that everyone that didn't vote would have been
on the remain side.

No I don't because I didn't state what you may think I'm stating.

We were going along with the status quo and were given a vote (that
should have been a poll) that basically asked, 'hands up who wants to
leave the EU'. The ONLY people who matter in that case are *those
actioning change* and ONLY 1/3rd of the electorate actively did that.

From that point on, both those who didn't vote at all or actively
voted to remain didn't 'actively want to leave' or actively voted to
remain, afa the poll count was concerned.

Remember, the question was *actually* polled to determine just how
many people wanted to leave the UK, to change the status quo, it's
just they couldn't just ask those who wanted to leave to vote as they
would all be heckled (understandably, the traitors that they are g)
on the way to the polling station.

What I'm not *stating* is how that those who didn't vote, might have
voted, had they voted, just that they didn't vote to change the status
quo.

snip

Cheers, T i m