Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Reasons to leave the EUSSR

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 11:01:04 +0100, Pamela
wrote:

On 17:15 17 Sep 2019, Brian Reay wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
The Remainers keep telling us what the Brexiteers (supposedly) think, so
why do you suddenly need to ask?

Perhaps the Remainers have come to their senses and realised just how
arrogant and stupid they look.

Odd really. Brexiteers are all so convinced a no deal exit is what the
people voted for. But very against a second referendum where that belief
could be tested.

I don't want a second referendum anymore than I wanted the first one. But
it does seem those who who did secretly believe it was a fluke.

There you go again.

Maybe you are uncertain why you voted the way you did. That doesn't mean
others are.

At the time of the referendum how did you manage to know those facts which
only emerged later? Such as details of the leaving deal, the arrangement for
the NI border (which no one knows, even now), the impact on daily life in
Britain, the amount of the divorce payment, and so on?

Of course he didn't and even if he did, he didn't consider them of
sufficient importance for *him* not to be confident that we should
*ALL* leave the EU.

On the other hand, all Remainers knew in minute details what staying was like
because they were already living it.

Quite, even if it should change in the future as we would be part of
that process ('of course').

See, 'most people' don't have any real understanding of the bigger
picture and therefore can't fully consider the cause and effect.

So, if they are ignorant / gullible enough to believe / quote the
'£350M/w to the NHS instead' (when that sum has NEVER EVER been paid
to the EU by us), then who know what other assumptions they have made
from their partial understanding of things.

So 'what if' the amount we pay into the EU earns us far more, that
payment should be considered a shrewd investment (and keeping in mind
it's also 'a Union' and for good reasons).

Do the fanatic Brexiteers know that it's not a net gain? Have they
looked into all the other variables, where did they get their *facts*
from and where are their calculations?

More likely they wound themselves up on the spin and FUD and are now
foaming at the mouth abut their 'Grandad fought for us so we didn't
have to speak German' or that the retirement age in Greece is lower
than ours (like either are down to the EU).

If it wasn't for all the red mist in front of their eyes, they *might*
be able to consider *all* the facts, pro and con and come up with a
truly tangible and valid justification for their direction.

As yet, not *ONE* Brexiteer has ... they just repeat the same old
mantras that aren't even on the radar of the majority of the
population.

Cheers, T i m