Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 15 vs. 20 Amp 3-Way Wall Switches

On 9/16/19 9:47 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

On a "snap action" switch remaining in the off position would
constitute a switch failure.

The ones I've seen are not switch failures, but balancing the switch at
the point where the spring forces are equal.

BTW, I could duplicate the situation here, although it took a few tries
to get one of the switches in the middle position that it's not supposed
to be in.

--
99 days until the winter celebration (Wed, Dec 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A mystic is a person who is puzzled before the obvious but who
understands the nonexistent" [Elbert Hubbard]