DaveG

Default home appliance warranty

"CT" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

We got a house last year and we got a home appliance warranty with
american home shield which is about to expire now. They are asking us
to renew the warranty.

I was wondering whether it is common or recommended to have a home
appliance warranty. This warranty covers oven, range, plumbing,
dishwasher, microwave, electricals, garbage, hvac, water heater. Any
of these going wrong is unlikely but it happening cud set me back
which is quite a lot.

please let me know your opinions.

confused,

CT.

The reason warranties like this are offered to the public is because they
turn a profit for the seller.
That means that in the long run, they don't pay off. Add up the cost of
this warranty, add in any deductibles you have to pay before they pay, look
at any upper limits on repairs, and you may find out that all you are doing
is pre paying for your first couple repairs. And if you never need the
warranty, you're just flushing money down the john.

Dave