Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default FOX NEWS: Farmers going bankrupt because of Trade War

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:48:23 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/14/2019 12:08 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:38:42 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/14/2019 10:58 AM, Shadow wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 12:16:20 -0400, Bod F wrote:

Yet I don't know of a single organic farmer who has gone bankrupt.

And no tariffs on what they produce either.
Yet another coincidence....

Seems the only common denominator for bankruptcy is ....
TARIFFS.

Tariffs are the proverbial straw. The government has been propping up
agricultural producers for decades. As Earl Butz said when he set USDA
policy 'Get big or get out.' The weaker members of the herd are getting
culled. iirc Brazil brought a complaint against the US cotton subsidies
to the WTO in 2002.

In 2002 our president was a US agent. What was his boss's
name? Hedge? Rush? Brush? Can't remember, it was so long ago.
So, farmers are going bankrupt THIS LAST YEAR because of
something from 2002?
Sounds like something from a Tom Cruise (the actor with the
bad breath) film....

Er, no. Did you miss the entire point that US agriculture is heavily
subsidized and controlled by the government? The latest thing to have
the corn growers' knickers in a knot is Trump is allowing small refiners
to not blend in as much alcohol. The whole gasahol requirement thing was
a gift to the corn growers and now they whine if they think it will mean
less of a market.

A gift to corn growers? It was a gift to consumers. Almost all
Brazilian cars are hybrid, you can use petrol, alcohol or a mixture,
and the onboard computer works out the timing. You DO need a liter of
petrol in a container, which is used to start the car if temps drop
bellow a certain value. Alcohol won't burn in the cold. It's
automatic, used only if the computer says it's needed.
Currently with the ban on export and the hike on petrol prices
(increasing it so it's be even more profitable to our masters after
our oilfields are sold) you get almost TWICE as many KM for your money
when you use alcohol.
Note our alcohol is made from sugar cane(cheap). Corn should
be made into gut-rot and sold at high prices to redneck trumpets. They
don't have any neurons left, so nothing lost.

Study the history of US soy production. It's not the most useful crop in
the world; you can hardly eat the damn things if they haven't been
modified in some way. I was in Indiana in the '80s and the farmers were
up to their asses in soybeans. The silos were bursting. And yet the USDA
was advising tobacco farmers to grow soy to offset the government
programs against tobacco.

Soy ? I'm not too fond of it, but I occasionally make sprouts.
My wife likes tofu. It's very easy to make at home. It's pretty
healthy stuff, no fat, lotsa protein, but I prefer cheese myself.
Thank soy for the protein in most of the meat you eat
(assuming pork and chicken and FAUX-burgers). Animal rations.
Soy oil used in tons of stuff from soap to plastics
Hello! Wake up! We evolved..... don't forage for food anymore.

The whole thing is like a Soviet 5 year plan developed by pre-schoolers.
The tariff hoo-hah is just the latest chapter.

You're probably right. Like the elections, huh? It's
incredible Facebook + Putin managed to pull it off.
[]'s

Why the hell should US
farmers be dependent on a market in China? When you overproduce you have
to dump the product someplace.

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012