jim

Default home appliance warranty

CT wrote:

Hi,

We got a house last year and we got a home appliance warranty with
american home shield which is about to expire now. They are asking us
to renew the warranty.

I was wondering whether it is common or recommended to have a home
appliance warranty. This warranty covers oven, range, plumbing,
dishwasher, microwave, electricals, garbage, hvac, water heater. Any
of these going wrong is unlikely but it happening cud set me back
which is quite a lot.

please let me know your opinions.

confused,

CT.

check with the radio show clark howard(national syndicated program on
saving money and not being ripped off) he also has a web site:
www.clarkhoward.com where i think these home warranty companies are a
rip off.. some dont even let you look at the contract on whats covered
until after you buy the service and find out that they dont pay much for
the work.....
but check out the web site and see what he says about it.....