Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Air conditioner coils and fan motor

In article ,
says...

All of these anecdotes remind me of the complaints about TV repair men charging $50 to replace a 25-cent capacitor if you brought it in to the shop, and $100 if he came out to your place. The argument always was that part of the charge was for knowing which part to replace.

That is why I had no problem when I was told it would be $ 100 just for
the man to come out. Not for him to add over $ 200 more for a $ 15 part
that took 10 minuits to find and install. I would have allowed him $ 50
for the markup on the part.

---