longshot

Default home appliance warranty

does it cover plumbing, wiring, furnace...??? or just the appliances you
listed? How much is it? I had one awhile back & maintained it for several
years.. it was about $300.00 for the year... if the house is older or you
suspect a do-it-yourselfer- with no clue lived there before you, it might be
worth it. Mine was kinda funny on exactly what it covered.. al lthe things
that typically go wrong are not covered. lile the motor in the dishwasher or
the pump in the washing machine or well. It cost $35.00 for any house call &
I did use it a couple times for the furnace & well

"CT" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

We got a house last year and we got a home appliance warranty with
american home shield which is about to expire now. They are asking us
to renew the warranty.

I was wondering whether it is common or recommended to have a home
appliance warranty. This warranty covers oven, range, plumbing,
dishwasher, microwave, electricals, garbage, hvac, water heater. Any
of these going wrong is unlikely but it happening cud set me back
which is quite a lot.

please let me know your opinions.

confused,

CT.