Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default Air conditioner coils and fan motor

Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Over here people are often warned not to use google to find repairmen
in case of equipment/plumbing failure as there are loads of "middlemen"
that list themselves as "24h service at home" companies and then have
regular self-employed workers that they send off and that have to pay
hefty amounts to the middlemen to get those jobs. This results in
customers being overcharged like 5 times above what would be normal rates.

The one my wife called was advertised on TV. The man showed up in a
truck with all the lego on it for that company and he had a paper that
listed 5 ot 6 groups of standard charges. We were on the lowest as it
was just a capacitor replacement that took maybe 10 minuits from the
time he left his truck looked at the AC and went back to his truck and
replaced the capacitor. It was over $ 300 for that.

Not only for the capacitor, but also for the TV ADs.