Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw

On Thursday, 12 September 2019 15:19:32 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 07:07:45 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 12 September 2019 13:32:59 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Now, due to nostalgia and a garage without electricity, I'm trying to
convince myself that a good quality, battery powered jigsaw will
provide all my sawing wants,

not a hope in hell. The closest you'll get to a universal saw is a handheld mains circular saw.

NT

Strange you should say that. I recently lost my Opinel in the move.
I've already found that I can do everything I want these days with a
jigsaw, albeit slowly. The difference is that I need a battery powered
model, because my garage has no electric supply.

Not good to not have an Opinel :/
I'd spring the bit extra for a circular. Way faster cutting, neater cuts, can handle thick material without any added problems.
As for curves, not good but I have cut out curves with one where finish is noncritical.
Battery saws can be very limited in run time. A 12/14v one could at least run off a car battery etc.

NT