Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Air conditioner coils and fan motor

In article , ken1943
@invalid.net says...

The repair companies have to keep certain parts in stock or know a
place to buy them locally. My last company had around a $ 2 million
stock only because of telephone stock for emergencies. No local place
to buy locally.

Sure they do. My dad worked as an appliance repar man from about 1950
to 1965. The company he worked for would usually mark the parts up
about double. That is why I would not have minded paying $ 50 for a $
20 part, but not $ 300.

It is hard telling how much repair stock the company I worked for had
but probably in the millions. This was a very large industrial plant.
Some parts were stocked by companies 50 miles away, some parts had to be
specially made and could take weeks or longer.

---