Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 23:44:30 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 14:43:55 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Just 11 fabulous 5 star reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...ews-filter-bar

Don't know why so many of the big name versions are being sold without
battery or charger.

I have several battery power tools - but I don't think I'd bother with a
jigsaw.

I've got a fairly inexpensive mains one and for my frequency of use, a
cordless would be litle to no benefit. Also, would be heavier.

Jigsaw is something that is sometimes essential but, much of the time, I
try to avoid.

Looking back, it seems quite foolhardy that I spent so many years
cutting wood with hand saws. I never did like the sound of machines
much. I'd think nothing (at the time) of ripping 1 1/2" Oak or Elm
boards into 6 or 10 foot planks.

I didn't live in a cardboard box...etc.

Without a doubt such activities played a major part in producing the
physique that I enjoy today, which in its turn lead to the ultimatum
that had me retiring and transporting most of my handtools to Canada
and leaving them there. In good hands of course.

The finishing touch was a garage sale that cleared out the remainder.

Now, due to nostalgia and a garage without electricity, I'm trying to
convince myself that a good quality, battery powered jigsaw will
provide all my sawing wants, without incurring the wrath of my good
lady wife if she decides that I'm regressing into my previous state.

I wouldn't use a jigsaw for that, a cordless hand held circular saw is much
more useful.