Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nitrile Foam Gloves and Neon Testers

On Thursday, 12 September 2019 14:33:34 UTC+1, GB wrote:
I always wear nitrile foam gloves for electrical work. It makes me feel
safer and gives me extra grip as I get older and weaker.

Yesterday, my son tackled me and said that the foam conducts. And he can
prove it. So, we touched one of the neon testers to live, and I lit it
up, through the gloves. Slightly less bright than without the glove.
But, it was definitely glowing a bit.

So, I pointed out that I was standing on a vinyl floor, on concrete,
wearing rubber trainers, etc. The tester contains a resistor (although I
have not found out the resistance yet - anyone know?)

So, the gloves are only a bit of the resistance in the chain. Anyone
know what the gloves' resistance is? Does that reduce a lot with wear?

I'm going to continue wearing them.

the gloves don't resist, they capacitate, or some such word.

NT