Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement Gage Blocks

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
On 9/10/2019 3:00 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I've got a B-rated set of gage blocks I bought from Shars a while
back. Not great, but good enough for most of what I need them for.
Sadly somewhere along the way my .050 went missing. Its kind of
important for a whole range of measurements, but its gone. I'm
sure
its in my shop somewhere... unless it got swept up and thrown away
... I don't want to have to buy a-whole-nuther set for one lousy
gage block. Does anybody sell one off pick and choose fill in
parts?

I filled out an incomplete set from an auction with individual
Mitutoyo blocks from MSC.
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...navid=12107780

You don't think that a Mitutoyo will shrivel up and die wimpering in
the corner surrounded by all those cheap gage blocks?

No, the larger took command, appointed the other Sergeant, and they
keep the German blocks smartly polished and lined up in order.