Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement Gage Blocks

I've got a B-rated set of gage blocks I bought from Shars a while back.
Not great, but good enough for most of what I need them for. Sadly
somewhere along the way my .050 went missing. Its kind of important for
a whole range of measurements, but its gone. I'm sure its in my shop
somewhere... unless it got swept up and thrown away ... I don't want to
have to buy a-whole-nuther set for one lousy gage block. Does anybody
sell one off pick and choose fill in parts?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I've got a B-rated set of gage blocks I bought from Shars a while
back. Not great, but good enough for most of what I need them for.
Sadly somewhere along the way my .050 went missing. Its kind of
important for a whole range of measurements, but its gone. I'm sure
its in my shop somewhere... unless it got swept up and thrown away
... I don't want to have to buy a-whole-nuther set for one lousy
gage block. Does anybody sell one off pick and choose fill in
parts?

I filled out an incomplete set from an auction with individual
Mitutoyo blocks from MSC.
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...navid=12107780

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/10/2019 3:00 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I've got a B-rated set of gage blocks I bought from Shars a while
back. Not great, but good enough for most of what I need them for.
Sadly somewhere along the way my .050 went missing. Its kind of
important for a whole range of measurements, but its gone. I'm sure
its in my shop somewhere... unless it got swept up and thrown away
... I don't want to have to buy a-whole-nuther set for one lousy
gage block. Does anybody sell one off pick and choose fill in
parts?

I filled out an incomplete set from an auction with individual
Mitutoyo blocks from MSC.
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...navid=12107780

You don't think that a Mitutoyo will shrivel up and die wimpering in the
corner surrounded by all those cheap gage blocks?

Interesting that a Mitutoyo is the cheapest one they list in the size I
am missing. Not cheap by any means, but... I couldn't believe SPI cost
more.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

No, the larger took command, appointed the other Sergeant, and they
keep the German blocks smartly polished and lined up in order.