Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default three Romex sets in ceiling box

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 11:41:26 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 03:13:52 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 18:18:46 -0400, Mike Oxbern

On Sun, 08 Sep 2019 10:56:08 +0100, Jack Legg Handyman Service LLC wrote:

On 9/8/19 1:44 AM, Bill H. wrote:
I have single light switch, three romex in ceiling box, TWO LED panel lights
are running out of ceiling box. I want to add TWO more LED drop in panels.
I need to know HOW to add these. Breaker Box turns off electrical outlet, stairs, BOTH LED lights, AND
additional lights in other basement room.
HELP PLEASE!

First and foremost, you need to obtain an electrical permit from your local taxing authority. The permit and inspection in my locale would run ~$250.
Then, and only then, can you shove more wires in that overstuffed ceiling box.

A permit to add lights in your own house. Are you mental?

If you follow the law, in my township you'd need an electric permit for 1 circuit at a cost of $110.

Upon completion of the work, you'd need a one circuit inspection at an additional charge of $125

...if you follow the law, LOL.

Here it is NOT the "taxing authority" - it is the ESA - the
"Electrical Safety Authority"

Who said it was the taxing authority? And whatever name it is, it's just another nosy / money making government scheme.

The money typically winds up in the same bucket. I guess Clare is one
of those people they have won over with permit fees, registration fees,
user fees, etc. instead of calling it a tax.