Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default I broke a gate valve.

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 14:25:49 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 05:01:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 09:12:41 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Re not being able to move the pipes any, you can get a repair whatsit
that slides along the pipe giving you an end that can move a fair way back
or forth. If you just need a slight bit of movement you can also get a
coupling with no inner whatsit (rim?) so it can slide around on pipes.

NT
I'll look out for those kind of features, they seem just right for
this job.

The couplings with "no inner whatsit" are generally called 'slip'
couplings.

Can that feature be included in a lever valve, or is it an extra?

No, how could it? Oh, I suppose the 'open' position could be such
that a pipe would go right through but I've never seen this designed
in. Slip couplings usually look identical to normal straight
couplings but can be slid wholly onto a pipe.

--
Chris Green
ยท