Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default I broke a gate valve.

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:12:42 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

In my fumbling enthusiasm to get out from under the kitchen sink, I
overdid the leverage and broke the spindle of a seized gate valve. So
now it can be turned forever in any direction with no effect.

Will I have to replace the whole thing, or can I remove the guts from
the main body of the valve and renew just those inner parts?

In my next life I intend to move into my retirement accommodation long
before I become "stiff where once I was supple, and supple where once
I was stiff".

Not as bad as shooting the Sheriff, I suppose!