Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

In article , NONONOmisc07
@bigfoot.com says...

OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

I heard a very interesting radio show tonight, and apparently the same
fight about how to teach reading, that was going on at least since 1951
is still going on

Things are much different now.

With computers children are learning to read and spell much younger.
About 40 years ago I had a radio shack computer. I made my son learn
the letters and how to spell some things to get the games up on the
computer. That was way before the 'point ad click' of the mouse system.
All we had was a keyboard.

My grandson did much the same and also he watched much TV and learned
how to spell many things off the TV shows he watched.

When I started the 1st grade I doubt I had even learned the alphabit.
We did the old readers with 'Dick and Jane,. The 'See Dick run. See
Jane run.

---