Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
tim... tim... is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 10/09/2019 14:03, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Want to say what it was?

some emission sensor or other

the actual emissions were fine, it was just the sensor that was
buggerd

Pattern ones are about £30.

You shouldn't tell him that he likes to think the EU caused him to
scrap
the car and not stupidity.

Oddly, it was the US that started emissions controls on cars, not the
EU.
Nothing to do with saving the planet, but to make things more
comfortable
around LA.

And an MOT doesn't check emissions throughout an engine's range.

but it does check that the sensor warning light is off

Any condition I can think of that would cause the engine management light
to come on would also result in a failure; but I don't think that just
having the light come on would, by itself, do so. Although I'd be
interested to hear of any possible examples where it might not.

Well some of the exhaust sensors can fail and the engine will run, just at
high emissions for example.

some sensors can fail and the engine will still run normally

tim