Old September 6th 19, 02:19 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

In message , Incubus
writes
In message , Incubus
writes
On 2019-09-06, michael adams [email protected] wrote:

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message

I have fond memories of being in a hotel in Tel Aviv one Saturday
morning. My room was
on something like the 16th floor. I made the mistake of taking the
'Shabbat lift - the
one where the door opens and closes automatically, and it stops on
every floor. It was
long, long trip.

https://tinyurl.com/y6clwojj

But surely you could have got out at the next floor, the
first floor the Shabat Lift stopped at and taken the other
lift ? Or at least at the second floor the lift stopped at,
once you realised what was going on ?

He strikes me as the kind of person who gets out of his car when it's in the
carwash.

It takes one hell of a stretch of vivid imagination to link a Shabbat
Lift and a Car Wash - but respect for doing so!

It takes one hell of a lack of imagination to stay in a lift that it calling at
each floor instead of transferring to one that goes directly. Perhaps a better
analogy would be that you'd have left the sunroof open.

I'm not sure that sunroofs are much-used in Israel. The sun's too hot.
You're more likely to have the A/C on, and all the windows closed.

Do you only drive in Israel?

Old September 6th 19, 02:22 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 2019-09-06, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, michael [email protected] wrote:

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message

I have fond memories of being in a hotel in Tel Aviv one Saturday morning.
My room was
on something like the 16th floor. I made the mistake of taking the
'Shabbat lift - the
one where the door opens and closes automatically, and it stops on every
floor. It was
long, long trip.

https://tinyurl.com/y6clwojj

But surely you could have got out at the next floor, the
first floor the Shabat Lift stopped at and taken the other
lift ? Or at least at the second floor the lift stopped at,
once you realised what was going on ?

He strikes me as the kind of person who gets out of his car when it's in the
carwash.

And also the kind of person who, after listening to the tannoy on a train
platform announcing the train for *****, rushes up to a member of staff and
asks if this is the train for *****, then boards the train and asks random
passengers if this is the train for *****.

I love it when that kind of person waits while other people read the display
that confirms the train's destination. Perhaps they never learned such a
skill.
Old September 6th 19, 02:50 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message .com,
Keema's Nan writes
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, michael [email protected] wrote:

[...]

To be sure, I fail to see the connection - but I suppose if Brexiteers
believe there is a connection between the EU and (say) foodbanks, this
shouldn't really surprise me.
--
Ian
Old September 6th 19, 02:57 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, Keema's wrote:
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, michael [email protected] wrote:

[...]

You can also judge the more obnoxious middle aged people on trains, because
after boarding and finding a seat they will sit down and then say
“Aaaahhhh” as they have done so.

Time to find another carriage.

Old September 6th 19, 03:05 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 2019-09-06, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, Keema's wrote:
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, michael [email protected] wrote:

[...]

Yes, it is as though they have endured something awful finding their way onto a
train. Still, I'd rather be among them than the generic urban type who thinks
listening to music on loudspeaker is appropriate, or the slobs who put their
feet on seats.

Old September 6th 19, 03:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2019-09-06, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 6 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-06, michael [email protected] wrote:

[...]

every month or so I get someone rushing on the the central line tube and asks me if this is going to X or Y I usally have no idea as I'm only concerned with the two stops of my journey where it goes after I get off I don't care and therefor don't check.
Perhaps I should ask them ? did you listen to the staion annoucnements, or look at the front of the train or look at the arrival/destination boards, because that's what I'd do.

Old September 6th 19, 03:55 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 05/09/2019 09:26, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote: ...
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is
just nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to
do these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women
wearing the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack
of awareness of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to
others or that he thinks that casual racism is the right sort of
example to set.

But They DO look like letterboxes.

I've never seen a black letterbox.

Of course Boris has blue eyes, so very likely a colour vision problem.
Except when it comes to skin.

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old September 6th 19, 04:36 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , Incubus
writes
In message , Incubus
writes
On 2019-09-06, michael adams [email protected] wrote:

[...]

no, you're allowed to walk as we

or catch the bus (except on the Sabbath)

tim

Old September 6th 19, 05:07 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 06/09/2019 12:25, tim... wrote:
you can't really expect anyone who's elevated to the highest job in the
land to be fully prepared about all the nuances of the role

Why not? He has spent years trying to get the job. He should have spent
that time learning everything there is to know about it.

You're just prejudiced by the fact that you don't like his policies

Not in the least. If he was doing the job well, I would admire him for
it, even if I disagree with what he is trying to do. However, all he
does, time and time again, is to prove that he really isn't competent at
anything except promoting Boris.

--
Colin Bignell
Old September 6th 19, 05:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

every month or so I get someone rushing on the the central line tube and asks me
if this is going to X or Y I usally have no idea as I'm only concerned with the two
stops of my journey where it goes after I get off I don't care

In which case they have no need to ask as they can get on any train
read the destination on the onboard display and get off at the next stop
if necessary.

My stop which is largely out of doors serves Heathrow Airport.
Terminals 1,2,3, 4 Terminal 4 only, maybe Terminal 5 as well.
The next stop down the line is mainly undercover as are all the
stations after Hounslow Central. If they are locals going to the
Airport then they should know better.If they are tourists then
they'll have already passed these covered stations on their
inward journey,

This doesn't however stop large numbers of them patiently waiting
in the rain until the "right" train comes along.

michael adams