Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Brian Reay

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Is it fruit picking or working on a small building site? Self employed
delivery driver? Car wash? Serving in a bar? Or any of the myriad jobs
UK born don't want to do.

Some do want to do themn it's just that they want paying a reasonable
rate in reasonble conditions, but what happens is you get the slave
trade taking over and doing such jobs for a few quid an hour.

Suggest you actually ask farmers how easy it is to get fruit pickers
from
a UK dole queue.

Easy to solve, stop their benefits.

Importing labour from overseas- be it the EU or elsewhere, when we have
people out of work here is beyond stupid.

While I agree, working as a fruit picker is hard work

Depends on the fruit being picked.

and can only be done by people who already do it.

BULL****. Hordes of ours is done by european backpackers
and indian subcontinent and pacific island illegals.

Which may sound odd but what I mean is that the process uses muscles that
are not normally used much and after one day of doing it you won't be
physically able to continue.

BULL****.

I learnt this from a fruit farm owner over in Thanet who tried asking
at the local Labour Exch (or whatever it's called these days) and
actually got some Brits to turn up. These gave up after half a day
except for one determined couple who lasted a day and a half. So he
gave up and continued with the same eastern Europeans he'd used for
years.

Those eastern europeans must have worked out how to start fruit picking.

And hordes of backpackers and illegals do that every ****ing year.

Those that farmer tried clearly had the option of doing nothing
on the dole instead. Trivially easy to ensure that they dont.

Given that when I was a kid, fruit picking was a job one could do, it just
shows we've become soft.

Or you're too stupid to work out the basics.