Posted to alt.home.repair

Default three Romex sets in ceiling box

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 07:01:54 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 9:44:58 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
trader_4 writes:
On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 3:40:45 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

And sometimes I see just one primary going down a road too. Just depends
on what the current loads and expected loads are. That's a good picture of
exactly what I was describing, very common here. Pole transformer
connected between one primary and the primary neutral.

Primary doesn't have a neutral.

Of course it does in a wye configuration. Did you look at all those
pictures of pole transformers I posted links to? One connection on top
of the transformer to one primary phase,, the other side is connected
to the neutral, you can see the neutral in some of those pics.

Again we are talking about the meaning of terms.
"Primaries" refers to the "ungrounded" conductors feeding the input of
a transformer. The NFPA is really trying to get away from the term
"Neutral" because it gets misused so often and they prefer "Grounded
Conductor".
You notice that replacing neutral more in every cycle.