Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which boiler to buy, reliable - nowt fancy....

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 10/09/2019 09:23, David wrote:
On Monday, 9 September 2019 14:11:49 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

Did both of mine. It's only plumbing, after all. And some
wiring.

If the latest one was a condenser, how did you check the flue gases
?.

The key thing is to follow the manufacturer's instructions fully. If
a flue gas analysis isn't part of the detailed installation and
commissioning instructions, then it isn't. For these Viessmanns, it
wasn't.

ISTR on mine there was a statement along the line of "No need to do a
gas analysis, we have set this up right and tested it already, don't
fiddle with it!" (although more Teutonic obviously).

I think more recent versions of the installation instructions now say:
do a gas analysis, but talk to Vaillant tech support if anything is
wrong.

I dunno if it's been replaced by some auto system now, but when I did my
install, the tech help was superb. From an actual human on the phone. And
I made it clear it was a DIY install. (Only thing I needed help with was
adding the mods for weather compensation)

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.