Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 12:33:23 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

You seem to be saying that it was more the exercise than the weight??

My weight has always been reasonable. My lifetime high was 187, now I'm
170. To give that context, I'm 5'8".

My comment about weight was directed to the average fatty I see walking around.
Seems to me, if you exercise more but still weigh in at 250, you're
likely to have pain.

In my case I attribute the aches and pains going away to being more active.

And that even if your weight had been right, without the exercise, you
think you'd still have the back pain??

My weight wasn't too bad, I just got lazy.
I would walk, but wouldn't run because my feet hurt.
Funny, I started running and my feet stopped hurting.

My gym has a scale that measures body fat, in 8 months I've gone from
21% to 17%.

Sorry to be preaching, it's an affliction that most exercisers develop.

--
Dan Espen