Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/2019 8:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

If you look closely, at the same time all the mom & pop pharmacies were
closing up. They could not keep up with the evolving technology and
ability of chains to buy cheap in volume.

Drugs aside, many could not afford the computers and links to the
insurance companies, medicare, etc. Billing is more complicated than it
was years ago. It takes a lot of equipment and costly programs to do
all of that and if you amortize it over a large chain versus one store,
it is much cheaper per unit.

Add in an aging population taking more drugs, the market is there to
support it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/07/2019 07:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you look closely, at the same time all the mom & pop pharmacies were
closing up. They could not keep up with the evolving technology and
ability of chains to buy cheap in volume.

In addition to Walgreens and CVS most of the grocery stores here have a
pharmacy. I use the one in Albertson's since I already do my grocery
shopping there. I think the last independent drugstore became a sushi
restaurant several years ago. I don't think I was ever in it. It was
downtown and not convenient for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 7 Sep 2019 21:43:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 9/7/2019 8:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

If you look closely, at the same time all the mom & pop pharmacies were
closing up. They could not keep up with the evolving technology and
ability of chains to buy cheap in volume.

I hadn't been here long enough to know where the mom & pop ones were,
but I guess so. Last summer one closed. It was in a very expensive
n'hood and they delivered and maybe other stuff so I guess they were
able to charge enough to keep going. i can't remember how old the
owner, the son or grandson of the original owner, was.

Drugs aside, many could not afford the computers and links to the
insurance companies, medicare, etc. Billing is more complicated than it
was years ago. It takes a lot of equipment and costly programs to do
all of that and if you amortize it over a large chain versus one store,
it is much cheaper per unit.

Add in an aging population taking more drugs, the market is there to
support it.

Okay, you both said that and it makes sense.

One of my n'bors on Next Door seemed to think it was just our n'hood,
and complained that there were so many and so many gas stations (but
there are no more gas statinos than there ever were (those I can keep
track of)) but I saw it throughout Baltimore. I'll tell 'em it's
everywhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 8:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Sick people need their symptom-masking pharmaceuticals after eating a diet of GMO food grown in nutrient-depleted soil and marinated in glyphosate.
The duped population says this is how we should feed and medicate the world.

How did man evolve without his daily dose of statin drugs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 6:44:30 AM UTC-4, Dr. Ducky wrote:
On 9/7/19 8:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Sick people need their symptom-masking pharmaceuticals after eating a diet of GMO food grown in nutrient-depleted soil and marinated in glyphosate.
The duped population says this is how we should feed and medicate the world.

How did man evolve without his daily dose of statin drugs?

Evolution doesn't "care" what happens after you've passed along your
genes. There's insufficient evolutionary advantage to living once
your children are self-sufficient.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/8/2019 6:44 AM, Dr. Ducky wrote:

Sick people need their symptom-masking pharmaceuticals after eating a
diet of GMO food grown in nutrient-depleted soil and marinated in
glyphosate.
The duped population says this is how we should feed and medicate the
world.

How did man evolve without his daily dose of statin drugs?

Chances are your great grandparents had nothing but all natural foods
and died in their 50s. Grandparents maybe made 60s.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 8 Sep 2019 09:40:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 9/8/2019 6:44 AM, Dr. Ducky wrote:

Sick people need their symptom-masking pharmaceuticals after eating a
diet of GMO food grown in nutrient-depleted soil and marinated in
glyphosate.
The duped population says this is how we should feed and medicate the
world.

How did man evolve without his daily dose of statin drugs?

Chances are your great grandparents had nothing but all natural foods
and died in their 50s. Grandparents maybe made 60s.

Drugs are for pansies.

A real man can face dying young.
Posted to alt.home.repair

As Micky said. Die young. I work big p. They are laughing all the way.
I know the numbers. Staggering.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 8:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.

....who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

--
The problem isn't fake news; it's agenda-driven news.
- @patsajak
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Sep 2019 20:30:12 -0400, micky
wrote:

OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

To a large extent because "pharmacies" were allowed to open longer
hours and on holidays because they were "essential" - and they started
sellin non=pharmaceuticals (like food) in response to grocery stores
and supermarkets selling THEIR products.

The drugstore has become the new "corner store" in North America.
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

wrote:

OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

To a large extent because "pharmacies" were allowed to open longer
hours and on holidays because they were "essential" - and they started
sellin non=pharmaceuticals (like food) in response to grocery stores
and supermarkets selling THEIR products.

The drugstore has become the new "corner store" in North America.

They need to start selling gas to be a real "corner store."

:-)

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 8:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

True! If we want to expedite evolution, statins won't help. For that we need to spay/neuter democrats before they spawn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.

...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.

...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

Do you think the insurance company pays the outrageous price the drug store demands or the discounted bigbox store price?

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in
between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down
other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting
medical
care.

Â* Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

Do you think the insurance company pays the outrageous price the drug
store demands or the discounted bigbox store price?

Sure, just like the lab would bill you. I had a blood test done and it
is not covered by Medicare. The lab billed me for $70 but if covered,
they would accept $12 from Medicare. Drugs have to be the same.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere. Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why? Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

To a large extent because "pharmacies" were allowed to open longer
hours and on holidays because they were "essential"

Where? Canada? In the vast majority of the US pharmacies could be
open whenever they please. A few places might have blue laws that
force them to close on Sunday or something, but why would govt want
to tell pharmacies that they can't be open?

- and they started
sellin non=pharmaceuticals (like food) in response to grocery stores
and supermarkets selling THEIR products.

The drugstore has become the new "corner store" in North America.

That's true, they have more food and other stuff today than in days
gone by.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.** Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

**** Baby boomers.

...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

There was a private drugstore here that advertised it would mark down
the price of a presecription by the amount of the co-pay so that one
didnt' have to pay even the co-pay.

Isn't that illegal or a violation of insurance rules, either for the
pharmacist, the insured, or both?

The co-pay is meant to give a little discouragement from filling
unnecessary prescriptions (or going to the doctor for no good reason).
it's soemthing the insurance company wants you to have to pay, isn't it?

So I figured it was required too.

I actually knew the owner a little, he used to be a neighbor, but I
didn't have the nerve to call him just to ask him this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 9 Sep 2019 07:50:53 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Same with my insurance.

However some is not on the formulary and not covered by the insurance.
Then it is time to shop around and look into the Good Rx web site.
Sometimes the doctor can put in a special request to the insurance
company and get the price lowered somewhat.

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing. Second time I saw him, mentioned in passing that they
really didnt' do anything, which I guess to most ears means I want
something eles.

He gave me another prescription and after they filled it, even with
insurance they wanted $100. I guess I could have cancelled it even
then, but I bought it. It didnt' do much either. Later, anotehr doctor
told me it was no stronger, just a little different.

Same orthopedist, end of second appointment, after the MRI pretty much
finds nothing, tells me 10 pounds of fat is equivalent to 40 or 50
pounds of soemthing or other. Hadn't said a word about my being fat
until I brought it up. Of course I knew being fat was hard on my back
but I didn't know about 10 vs. 40 thing. He should have told me from
the start. Did he think I didnt' know I was fat?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.

...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

I think he is talking about the whole store full of overpriced stuff
they make you walk past to get that prescription. The drug counter is
always in the back of the store, just like milk at the grocery store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

There is nothing new there. Forty years ago Dart Drug in DC opened a
Home Depot type store because it was the only thing they didn't sell
at their regular WalMart style "drug" stores. Around here CVS and
Walgreens is where you go to buy beer and wine after the grocery store
closes. Some Walgreens also have hard liquor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 12:33:23 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

You seem to be saying that it was more the exercise than the weight??

And that even if your weight had been right, without the exercise, you
think you'd still have the back pain??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Well, duh. I thought everybody knew that.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

MAybe not where you are, but it's different here and seems to be
different wherever I've traveled. Forty years ago drug stores were
mostly mom and pop, smaller and they didn't have many of the things
that they have today, eg wide assortment of food, frozen foods,
soups, prepared foods, etc.
Today they are much bigger, they are mostly chains, more of them and
they are full of food and other products.

Forty years ago Dart Drug in DC opened a
Home Depot type store because it was the only thing they didn't sell
at their regular WalMart style "drug" stores. Around here CVS and
Walgreens is where you go to buy beer and wine after the grocery store
closes. Some Walgreens also have hard liquor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A friend of a friend owned a mom & pop drugstore about 40 years ago. He
made a living, but he was made an offer he could not refuse. One of the
chains offered to buy him out and they would close the store, but they
also offered him a job at the chain store that was a huge increase over
what he was making and working less hours. He could not lock the store
and turn out the lights fast enough.

IIRC it is five years, maybe six now, of schooling to become a
pharmacist but they do make a good wage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

The Publix stores have a list of free medications and a list of $7.50
for 90 days. No insurance needed, just a prescription.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

It's a symbiotic relationship between the doctors, pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Raising prices helps all of them make more money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Sure, just like the lab would bill you.Â* I had a blood test done and it
is not covered by Medicare.Â* The lab billed me for $70 but if covered,
they would accept $12 from Medicare.Â* Drugs have to be the same.

I've had blood tests denied by Medicare but it was simple/stupid doctor
mistake in not putting down the right code. My brother had this problem
a week or two ago and I told him to get the doctor to correct it which
he did and it got corrected.

My prescription plan is through CVS and they tell me that they are
cheapest and I get all my stuff by mail order from them. Occasionally I
get a single shot drug like an antibiotic and I go to a closer Rite Aid
pharmacy. I got one like that costing $20 at Rite Aid with refills if
needed. CVS picked up on this and asked if I wanted it transferred to
them as the supplier and wanted $27 for a refill. So much for that.

A couple of years ago CVS had a copay each of $17 for two drugs I could
get at Walmart for $10 each. I went outside their plan and got them
from Walmart. Now copay is dropped and they are back with CVS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 07:50:53 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Same with my insurance.

However some is not on the formulary and not covered by the insurance.
Then it is time to shop around and look into the Good Rx web site.
Sometimes the doctor can put in a special request to the insurance
company and get the price lowered somewhat.

---

My insurance has an arrangement with a particular pharmacy that saves
me considerably on the "co-pay" if I use that pharmacy - it is a
nation-wide "online" pharmacy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

America's "drug of choice"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

You seem to be saying that it was more the exercise than the weight??

And that even if your weight had been right, without the exercise, you
think you'd still have the back pain??

Absolutely. I have a few extra pounds on me, but it is keeping
moving that keeps the back working.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

I agree I had something in my wrists that got diagnosed as psoriatic
arthritis by elimination, it wasn't anything else they could find (X
rays, blood tests, MRIs, and drawing fluids from the joints)
They wanted me to take Methotrexate. One quick look at the black box
warning on those pills and they went in the trash. The guy then
suggested a dose pack of Prednisone and physical therapy. One session
of the woman having me do exactly what they had been telling my not to
do for 9 months and I was on the road to recovery. Throw away all of
those braces and splits and exercise the joints. I put a small
addition on the house, starting the next day and in 2 weeks I was
cured. Nothing there but hard work, lifting 3x12 beams, setting posts
and swinging a hammer. It hurt like a son of a bitch for a while but I
got better.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

A lot of that depends on how many calories you burn and what you
order. I am within 10 pounds of the same weight I was in boot camp in
1965.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I am not sure when the last time was that I saw a mom and p[op
pharmacy except for the occasional "compounding pharmacy" that only
sells drugs and specialty medical supplies. There may be a half dozen
in this whole county.
In DC Peoples Drug and Drug Fair had run virtually all of the mom and
pops out of business in the 50s. Dart Drug ran both of them out of
business in the 70s.
The exceptions may have been down in the ghetto where chains feared to
tread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Yup that is a little secret you need to ask for. They will happily
fill those prescriptions with your insurance, pocketing that insurance
money plus your co pay. There are also some drugs they sell cheaper
than the co pay but, again, you need to ask.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

You seem to be saying that it was more the exercise than the weight??

My weight has always been reasonable. My lifetime high was 187, now I'm
170. To give that context, I'm 5'8".

My comment about weight was directed to the average fatty I see walking around.
Seems to me, if you exercise more but still weigh in at 250, you're
likely to have pain.

In my case I attribute the aches and pains going away to being more active.

And that even if your weight had been right, without the exercise, you
think you'd still have the back pain??

My weight wasn't too bad, I just got lazy.
I would walk, but wouldn't run because my feet hurt.
Funny, I started running and my feet stopped hurting.

My gym has a scale that measures body fat, in 8 months I've gone from
21% to 17%.

Sorry to be preaching, it's an affliction that most exercisers develop.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Throw lawyers in there and you get the whole picture. For every
"wonder drug" they come out with there is some ambulance chaser on TV
asking if you ever had a bad reaction to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 17:23:16 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 07:50:53 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Same with my insurance.

However some is not on the formulary and not covered by the insurance.
Then it is time to shop around and look into the Good Rx web site.
Sometimes the doctor can put in a special request to the insurance
company and get the price lowered somewhat.

---

My insurance has an arrangement with a particular pharmacy that saves
me considerably on the "co-pay" if I use that pharmacy - it is a
nation-wide "online" pharmacy.

Down here they are warning that these mail order drugs may be sitting
days in un air conditioned trucks or warehouses and in your mail box
baking in the sun all day. A lot of drugs get degraded from that.