Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 12:33:23 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

I agree I had something in my wrists that got diagnosed as psoriatic
arthritis by elimination, it wasn't anything else they could find (X
rays, blood tests, MRIs, and drawing fluids from the joints)
They wanted me to take Methotrexate. One quick look at the black box
warning on those pills and they went in the trash. The guy then
suggested a dose pack of Prednisone and physical therapy. One session
of the woman having me do exactly what they had been telling my not to
do for 9 months and I was on the road to recovery. Throw away all of
those braces and splits and exercise the joints. I put a small
addition on the house, starting the next day and in 2 weeks I was
cured. Nothing there but hard work, lifting 3x12 beams, setting posts
and swinging a hammer. It hurt like a son of a bitch for a while but I
got better.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

A lot of that depends on how many calories you burn and what you
order. I am within 10 pounds of the same weight I was in boot camp in
1965.