Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default three Romex sets in ceiling box

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 5:28:23 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

All of which is irrelevant, of course to what you have coming in on
the house 240/120 service. Why don't you answer the simple questions
I posed in the example of Ralph's two phase service?

I should have stated that was not my opinion, but a copy and paste from
Wikipeaia.

I don't intend to get into a discussion over this, Just wanted to point
out that by definition there is/was 2 phase in a few parts of the US.
It does not matter what anyone says, there is a certain definition for 2
phase.

Sure, what you copied and pasted was what one implementation of two
phase power looked like a hundred years ago. No one denies that
existed. Are you insisting that any two phase power system
has to be 90 deg because that happened to be one of the many possibilities
that was actually implemented?. What you have is just an
example of *one* implementation of a two phase power source. It's not
a "definition" of anything. Which of course is why you can't answer
the simple questions posed, eg if the phase angle difference was instead
set to 89 degrees, 130 deg, 175 deg, would there still be two phases there?
If not, why not? I guess you're implying the answer is no, it has to
be 90 deg and only 90 degrees is ever possible? What happens if I rotate
one coil by ten degrees? It all collapses into a black hole or something?

Just like the bianary number system there are 10 types of people.
Those that understand and those that don't.

Those that understand can answer simple questions, like those
I posed.