Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Ohio mom won't be prosecuted after shooting daughter who wastrying to surprise her

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 2:03:38 PM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 09/09/2019 18:56, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 1:40:29 PM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 09/09/2019 18:15, Bod wrote:
An Ohio prosecutor reportedly wont charge a mother who accidentally
shot her daughter when the younger woman tried to surprise her mom with
an early trip home from college.

Hannah Jones, 18, of Girard, told her Facebook followers last week that
her mother Renee Jones mistook her for an intruder and shot her in the
arm with a handgun.

€œAs I ran through the door she was in fear for her life and shot me,€
Jones said, according to the New York Post.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-mom-...er-prosecution

That's the trouble with living in fear and owning a handgun. Too easy to
make a knee jerk deadly mistake.

Most housebreakers just want to rob you, not murder you.

Also:

8 Children Are Accidentally Shot Every Day With Unsecured Firearms In
The Home

Somewhere in the U.S. today, a child will find a loaded gun in a home.
They wont have to look hard. It will be unlocked and stored in an
easily accessible place. The child will pick up the firearm, and soon
enough, it will go off exactly like its supposed to. The bullet will
strike a friend, or a sibling, or the child who found the gun in the
first place. Someone will be injured or killed. If its an average day
in America, this scene will play out seven more times somewhere. It will
repeat itself tomorrow.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0b15abaa6008b

--
Bod

Yeah, but if the King of England tries to mount an insurrection to try to
take America back, the citizens will be ready to stop him.

LOL.

--
Bod

That is the argument put forth by Mr. T and many of the gun rights folks.
They insist that citizens need to be armed for just such an event or if
the US govt went totally rogue and had to be overthrown by the people.

I haven't seen anything like that happen, not since the Civil War
and I'm not sure private guns helped much in that debacle.
But we do have the daily carnage like the above, from these homes full
of guns that are supposed to make the home safer.