Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Eff[_6_] Bob Eff[_6_] is offline

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

On 9/9/19 11:41 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 9 Sep 2019 03:27:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 4:02:20 PM UTC-4, Wade Gattett wrote:
On 9/7/19 8:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting medical
care.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.

...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

There was a private drugstore here that advertised it would mark down
the price of a presecription by the amount of the co-pay so that one
didnt' have to pay even the co-pay.

Isn't that illegal or a violation of insurance rules, either for the
pharmacist, the insured, or both?

The co-pay is meant to give a little discouragement from filling
unnecessary prescriptions (or going to the doctor for no good reason).
it's soemthing the insurance company wants you to have to pay, isn't it?

So I figured it was required too.

I actually knew the owner a little, he used to be a neighbor, but I
didn't have the nerve to call him just to ask him this.

It's a symbiotic relationship between the doctors, pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Raising prices helps all of them make more money.