Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Data protection

I think most of the time they don't understand the gdpr and hence would
rather **** people off than get into any trouble.
I have argued this case with the medical fraternity about them being
allowed to pass on I am blind to the next department, sorry Gdpr. So go to
next appointments, say x ray, Oh nobody told us you were blind health and
safety means we need to don a leather apron and be with you in case you bang
your head on the x ray machine.

So I have signed many many daft documents now to allow this transit of
important info, but still its not happening and still not always getting
email letters I can read from some as they do not know I'm blind as one
trust does not recognise another trusts procedures unless I go to the new
trust and sign their paperwork in triplicate. The daft part of it all is,
data portability is quoted as the main advantage of the digital revolution
and they are just shoving obstacles in the way when most people would
imagine that once you agree to have data shared in nhs it should just
happen.
Bah humbug.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I'm trying to renew our house insurance (for reasons un-related the house is
in my wifes name.

After trying unsuccessfully to do this on line as their site is ****e I
reluctantly phone them

Listen to 2 minutes of waffle

Get human. Give him details of the insurance policy number, house name and
address and wife's name when he asks me for her date of birth.

What ?

Why ? Data protection is the answer.

WTF has this to do with data protection. I'm not asking for any 'data' in
fact I'm giving some.If I walked into their office with a copy of the
renewal notice and a credit card would they ask me for her date of birth?

Data Protection Act. Its the new shibboleth up there with Health and Safety.

On a similar note I wished to add three drivers to my car insurance (two
sons and a daughter. All are mature, have their own cars and their own car
insurances and have clean accident free record and clean licenses. I only
want to do this as a back stop and wanted an idea of the cost

First question, after giving all of the above info, is how many miles a per
year will each do ??

Next question what is their names ?

What?

I'm only looking for the cost of doing this. Doesn't matter. Data Protection
Act again invoked.

I just gave up