RB

Default New Pressure Treated Lumber

He's correct with respect to galvanized and ungalvanized metals. I'd
suspect that at least 316 stainless would hold up. The contractors
around me have been out replacing joist hangers and fasteners that were
recently installed using the wrong materials because of this.

I predict that as a consequence of this change there will be a number of
building failures in a few years. The new PT lumber that I've seen
doesn't carry any warning about this added "feature" either.

RB

Ted Borck wrote:
My neighbor, noting that I was making repairs to my garage, advised
that the new process used in producing pressure treated lumber caused
nails, screws to fail, due to the chemicals used to treat the wood.

According to him, the new process treated wood was required after Jan
1, 2004.

He advised that apparently it didn't matter whether you used galvanized or
stainless fasteners, the chemical(s) used would cause the metal to corrode.

--
Ted Borck