Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

On 9/9/2019 8:54 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 9/9/2019 6:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 4:02:20 PM UTC-4, Wade Gattett wrote:
On 9/7/19 8:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/7/19 7:30 PM, micky wrote:
OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Is it just Baltimore or is it the whole country, or something in
between
that, 10 or 20 years ago, had a big increase in the number of
drugstores?

All of a sudden they were building them everywhere.Â*Â* Tearing down
other
stores to build branches of national chains.

Did this happen where you are?

How many years ago?

Why?Â* Does anyone know why?

It's not likely there were suddently so many more people getting
medical
care.

Â* Â*Â*Â*Â* Baby boomers.
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Cindy Hamilton

Do you think the insurance company pays the outrageous price the drug
store demands or the discounted bigbox store price?

Sure, just like the lab would bill you. I had a blood test done and it
is not covered by Medicare. The lab billed me for $70 but if covered,
they would accept $12 from Medicare. Drugs have to be the same.