Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 09/09/2019 10:01, Pancho wrote:
I see the benefit of living in a community with shared standards and
rules.

But sadly, none of the downsides.

I see many downsides, but on balance I strongly believe common rules and
standards are a good thing.

Or indeed the fact that nothing prevents a sovereign UK from sharing
European standards, and indeed rules.

I see that too. Many rules are common across the globe.

Except of course the EU...

Consider the possibility that the EU got essentially bought by a cartel
of multinationals and banks who proceeded to run it as a criminal
organisation.

I do consider this possibility. But why is the EU worse than the UK in
this respect? A fundamental power of multinationals is that they operate
above national laws. In free trade areas they can play individual
nations off against each other. There needs to be international control
over multinationals or tariffs to protect a state from multinationals
operating offshore .

My personal view is the the UK is too small an economic area to make
tariffs work.

How would you stop it 'from inside'?

The question is the same for Brussels or Westminster.