Old September 5th 19, 02:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

I have a black one.

Old September 5th 19, 02:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 September 2019 13:22:33 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"[email protected]" wrote in message

Basically all religious people have a problem, they believe what they are told without
thinking.

They are also told that their beliefs makes then superior to anyone without those
beliefs which is why you should never let any religion get control, it will result in
suffering.

The Quakers don't believe any of those things.

Which is why people mostly associate them with porridge and chocolate.

I associated them with rambling (walking activity) and not liking alcohol as we had a head of department that was a quaker and he wouldn't allow alcohol even at staff leaving parties or christmas parties.

michael adams

Old September 5th 19, 03:10 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes

On 05/09/2019 09:26, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

But They DO look like letterboxes.

Is the truth now to be witheld because someone claims to find it
insulting?

they look like pints of Guinness .....

A colleague who had spent some time working in the Middle East said they
were joking referred to as Guinness bottles.
--
Ian
Old September 5th 19, 05:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
nightjar wrote:
I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

I would agree, but that doesn't excuse Boris getting it wrong.

Could someone explain to me Corbyn's anti-jewish policies? Can't say I've
heard much about them. Unless you mean a degree of support for Palestine.

I'm sure there may well be some anti-semites in the Labour party. But I'd
be most surprised if there weren't a larger percentage in the Tory party.

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old September 5th 19, 05:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is
forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th.
Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the 15th.

But in Israel, it's only the first day (the 13th) when work is forbidden
- so it seems that the rules are 'flexible'.

Wonder who keeps all the essential services running on that day?

--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Old September 5th 19, 05:29 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to
do these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women
wearing the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of
awareness of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others
or that he thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to
set.

But They DO look like letterboxes.

Didn't realise we could add colour blind to all your ailments.

--
*Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy *

Old September 5th 19, 05:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Ian Jackson wrote:
Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is
forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th.
Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the 15th.

But in Israel, it's only the first day (the 13th) when work is forbidden
- so it seems that the rules are 'flexible'.

Wonder who keeps all the essential services running on that day?

Probably the 20% of the population who aren't Jewish or the
4.8% who are no longer practising Jews. If Muslim holy days
coincided with Jewish holy days (which I haven't actually
checked ) then quite possibly they really would be in the
****.

michael adams

Old September 5th 19, 06:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 September 2019 16:23:27 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
nightjar wrote:
I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

I would agree, but that doesn't excuse Boris getting it wrong.

Could someone explain to me Corbyn's anti-jewish policies? Can't say I've
heard much about them. Unless you mean a degree of support for Palestine.

I'm sure there may well be some anti-semites in the Labour party. But I'd
be most surprised if there weren't a larger percentage in the Tory party.

Yes I agree and that margret hodge complained about his anti-semitimus a bit rich, but he did stop her from selling off a jewish cemetery to a private land owner to build houses on. And from what I've been told she was leader of a council when there was a child sex scandel which she know about but ignored.

Old September 5th 19, 06:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

nightjar wrote:
I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

I would agree, but that doesn't excuse Boris getting it wrong.

Could someone explain to me Corbyn's anti-jewish policies? Can't say I've
heard much about them. Unless you mean a degree of support for Palestine.

I'm sure there may well be some anti-semites in the Labour party. But I'd
be most surprised if there weren't a larger percentage in the Tory party.

Yes I agree and that margret hodge complained about his
anti-semitimus a bit rich, but he did stop her from selling
off a jewish cemetery to a private land owner to build houses
on.
And from what I've been told she was leader of a council when
there was a child sex scandel which she know about but ignored.

Between 1982 and 1992 "Red" Margaret Hodge was the leader of the
London Borough of Islington A.K.A "the Peoples Republic of Islington"*
with a red flag flying over the town Hall. Corbyn was the local MP.
Despite Islington being a total shambles under her leadership, Hodge
subsequently tried to blame Corbyn for not having intervened.

Hodge subsequently did a sharp right turn under Tony whereas Corbyn
stuck to the principles Hodge had previously espoused.

michael adams

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...-factfile.html
Sorry its the Telegraph but this is all a matter of public record even
if some people nowadays are very careful of their more easily accessible
online reputation.

Old September 5th 19, 09:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

nightjar wrote
Brian Reay wrote

Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes.

He's got one hell of a capacity to grab people's attention
and that did him no harm when running for mayor, twice.

Bet once the brexit **** fight is over, it will do him no harm as PM either.

It shows either a lack of awareness of his responsibilities as PM to set
an example to others

He's never operated like that.

or that he thinks that casual racism

It isnt casual racism. He actually has a moslem great grandfather, a Turk.

is the right sort of example to set.

He has never been into setting examples.