Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 08/09/2019 17:13, Brian Reay wrote:
On 08/09/2019 16:48, Fredxx wrote:
In article , tim...
wrote:
Having both side of an open border in the SM does NOT stop rogue
companies from exporting non-compliant goods across that border.

As has been shown several times (the most egregious of which was
Horse Meat).

But at least it is EU horse meat. And conforms to EU regs.

That is the issue, EU regs.

Not chlorinated chicken from a country which thinks it perfectly OK
to murder innocents.

Do you drink chlorinated water? I'm sure labelling will make this a
feature even if becomes allowed.

I've eaten chicken in the US and horse in France.
hic
I'd happily eat chicken in the US again but probably wouldn't order
horse again. There is was nothing especially wrong with the horse,
perhaps a bit tough. As for the chicken, no different to any other
chicken I've had elsewhere.

Funny isn't it. People get upset about the Americans ensuring their
chicken is free of bugs by using a quick wash in a (very) bath with a
bit of chlorine in it but not about countless other food matters. If
they even visited, say, a egg production plant or an abattoir, they'd
have to give up eggs and meat.

The problem with chlorinated chicken is simply that it is used to "hide"
the poor animal welfare, sanitary controls and transportation of "some"
suppliers, all leading to far higher levels of contamination than in the
EU. I am more concerned about about the welfare (I am a confirmed meat
eater, but see no reason to treat animals worse than is necessary) and
the fact that chlorination not only doesn't kill all the contamination,
but also prevents it being accurately checked. Figures clearly show that
the US rate of food poisoning is many times that in the UK.

SteveW