Andy Hall

Default Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P)

On 25 Jul 2003 17:11:34 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Andrew McKay writes:

I would encourage others to write to their MP. It will almost
certainly achieve very little, but like a trained dog the more times
an MP hears something the more obedient he becomes towards sorting
something out. Don't forget that MP's aren't persuaded so much by the
quality of the mail they receive, but by the weight of the postal sack
containing the same message over and over again.

I wrote to mine again a couple of days ago.
(I wrote originally during the consultation last year.)

Likewise. I also spoke to mine recently and put it to him that this
succession of legislation in different areas to do with building and
home improvement is rapidly becoming an infringement of the
"Englishman's home is his castle" principle and getting quite close to
the civil liberties area. He certainly agreed that this was yet
another piece of overkill legislation that would likely be
unenforceable and therefore virtually pointless.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl