Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How to make a curtain pelmet

How do you hang the curtains. Also would not a top make it less draughty?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Lee Nowell" wrote in message
Hi All,

So my wife is designing our bedroom and wants a pelmet covering the top of
the curtains. It is basically flat but then she wants an ornate top and
then the whole lot painted. To keep the weight of the whole thing down (it
is about 2.4m long) I was thinking of getting 6mm ply/ MDF for the front,
sides and top and then use some say 1"x1" battens in the corners to screw
the ply to and essentially make a bottomless/ backless box then fix the
ornate beading to it. Looking online, looks like all the ones I could fine
use 18mm MDF and just screw them together (e.g. the front board screwed
directly into the edge of the sides).

TBH the other technique seems a lot easier/ quicker but wanted to solicit
feedback here. Maybe there is a better approach?

thanks

Lee.