Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Toshiba Netbook NB200

On 08/09/2019 11:01, Brian Reay wrote:

The default Cinnamon desktop on mint is heavy, XCFE would be a better
choice.

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3788
Linux Mint 19.2 €śTina€ť Xfce

Did I mention he should use a particular desktop?

No. You missed out, and that's absolutely of no use to the OP missing
out vital info like that - and then suggesting I should be censored for
being "clever".

and that is a slow 32-bit 2.5 Watt consuming CPU strapped with not much
memory, that would ordinarily end up in a mobile phone or tablet.

There are far more capable laptops thrown away daily by businesses that
are better installation candidates.

He isnt running multi media.

We don't know that, but I suspect. most folks might reasonably open up
youtube, a social network, email attachments etc...

Nor has he got one of the machines offices throw out.

Better value, this tat he has got possibly would be better recycled or
made into a single use thing. Otherwise a possible waste of time.

Perhaps you should read the question before trying to be clever.

Oh dear. You are the lunatic suggesting that this could be a usable Mint
desktop. LibreOffice?

The OP, if he is still about, might want to chip in here and let us know
which direction he could be taking this.

Or I may as well go back to reading Brexit on this group.

Thanks for playing.

--
Adrian C