Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Above-ground pools

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 12:14:17 AM UTC-4, Dan Espen wrote:
micky writes:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Depending on size, can be big job.
You might need a bobcat to create a level space.
I had 2 24ft round pools installed, it made sense to hire it out.
They had a vacuum to draw the liner flat before filling
but I've put in liners pretty well without the vacuum.

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

After a year or so the liner turns brittle.
You'll need a new one each time you move the pool,
the old one will come apart on re-use.

--
Dan Espen

First problem with the People's Court case and similar is most of these
people are trying to do it cheap, so they hire some handyman who typically has no
experience. And the guy is usually too lazy to look online for at least
some videos and other info either, so they just wing it and find out
what you know the hard way. Like from what Micky posted, the guy
didn't even have the sense to make sure the ground was level before
he started. And then of course these cheapskates can't understand why
they have a less than perfect result.