Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Above-ground pools

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/05/2019 11:57 PM, micky wrote:
If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summer-Wave...ool/1000187773

No assembly required, just fill with water and have fun

Like pouring **** out of a boot, the disassembly instructions are
printed on the bottom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

Yes
Yes
Usually yES

Usually is correct. Bolts will be rusted and liner may need to be
replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

Yes
Yes
Usually yES

Thanks both of you.

Case on Pipple's court, women hired guy to install used above ground
pool, which they paid 1000 dollars for. Installation was more expensive
than they expected.

He asked for 1500 and agree he would get 1200 plus a free month's rent
on their driveway and part of the garage (250 total)(that's how he met
them, he saw their ad to rent the driveway.) He said he had done
several pools, or maybe many.

He only worked a couple hours a day and never finished. One time they
came home and found his 12 and 8 year old daughters in their back yard,
but he wasn't there. The 30 year old son was inside, but didnt' know
the girls were there. They had only known each other 2 weeks at the
time.

Apparently when he started, the installation had been somewhat begun.

At the trial he insisted they told him it was a new pool, but if it were
a new pool, why didn't he want to read the instructions? Even if he was
too arrogant to read them, he shouldn't have noticed they weren't there.
(Well unless they did have them, but they'd be pretty beat up if they'd
been used 1.2 times. Nothing was mentioned about instructions.)

And he insisted they told him it was a new pool and that one could never
disassemble and reassemble an above ground pool. I found that a little
hard to believe. This seems like the weakest part of his case. And
where was the original box all the parts came in? The first owners
could have saved the instructions and relayed them, but not the original
box.

He also claimed the ground wasn't level, varying 6" in 30 feet, but that
he could not tell because the pool was already there. He said when he
did the whole job, he leveled the ground before installing. Judge asked
who woudl do this, and he hesitated and said a landscaper. (Apparently
he eventually figured out it wasn't level, according to him, because he
brought it up in court. He implied that one cannot tell when the pool is
already sitting on the ground, but can't one use (a helper and) a garden
hose with some clear plastic tubes at each end. That will go around the
pool.)

Actually, isn't the liner installed last? I"ve never done this or had
it done, but it seems to me unless the whole job was just about done,
with the liner in, it would be empty inside the walls and he could check
if the ground was level.

And he insisted that they said the ground had been professionally
leveled. I don't think they've responded to that, yet.

I haven't finished watching the show yet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

Yes
Yes
Usually yES

Usually is correct. Bolts will be rusted and liner may need to be
replaced.

I know all the tv court shows are edited to fit in the time they want
each case to use, but so far he hasn't complained about rust or leaks.

He claims they said it was new. Maybe he will say he found rust or a
tear and complained then. I'll let you all know later today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?
Yes
Yes
Usually yES

Usually is correct. Bolts will be rusted and liner may need to be
replaced.

I know all the tv court shows are edited to fit in the time they want
each case to use, but so far he hasn't complained about rust or leaks.

He claims they said it was new. Maybe he will say he found rust or a
tear and complained then. I'll let you all know later today.

The main problem would be getting the old one apart and you might end
up with missing hardware if they were careless. I put my sister's pool
together and it took pretty much a whole day. With a screw gun it
would be a lot faster tho. It is just a big erector set. I spent
another 2 days building the deck around about a third of it. We did
have my niece's hubby using a machine to prep the site and remove an
old septic tank, back fill and level. Then we put a ****load of
vermiculite under the liner, dropped the liner in and turned on the
hose. It was really all done in one 4 day weekend tho, from grass on
the ground to splash down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky writes:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Depending on size, can be big job.
You might need a bobcat to create a level space.
I had 2 24ft round pools installed, it made sense to hire it out.
They had a vacuum to draw the liner flat before filling
but I've put in liners pretty well without the vacuum.

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

After a year or so the liner turns brittle.
You'll need a new one each time you move the pool,
the old one will come apart on re-use.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 12:14:17 AM UTC-4, Dan Espen wrote:
micky writes:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Depending on size, can be big job.
You might need a bobcat to create a level space.
I had 2 24ft round pools installed, it made sense to hire it out.
They had a vacuum to draw the liner flat before filling
but I've put in liners pretty well without the vacuum.

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

After a year or so the liner turns brittle.
You'll need a new one each time you move the pool,
the old one will come apart on re-use.

--
Dan Espen

First problem with the People's Court case and similar is most of these
people are trying to do it cheap, so they hire some handyman who typically has no
experience. And the guy is usually too lazy to look online for at least
some videos and other info either, so they just wing it and find out
what you know the hard way. Like from what Micky posted, the guy
didn't even have the sense to make sure the ground was level before
he started. And then of course these cheapskates can't understand why
they have a less than perfect result.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 08 Sep 2019 00:14:12 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

If one buys a new above-ground pool, does it come with instructions?
Stupid question, I know, but for the record. Detailed instructions?

Depending on size, can be big job.
You might need a bobcat to create a level space.
I had 2 24ft round pools installed, it made sense to hire it out.
They had a vacuum to draw the liner flat before filling
but I've put in liners pretty well without the vacuum.

Can one disassemble an above ground pool and reassemble it somewhere
else?

After a year or so the liner turns brittle.
You'll need a new one each time you move the pool,
the old one will come apart on re-use.

That might have been the guy's problem, but when I watched the rest of
the episode, the focus of the story changed. He only showed up a
couple hours a day and the woman texted the number he gave her and got
no answer. The second time, she got a rude answer, so she was slightly
rude in return. It turned out it was his wife and he got all upset that
his 5-month pregnant wife was being rude to, and even in court, days or
weeks later, he practically had a melt-down, and the judge that wasn't
enough to cancel the contract, esp. since the wife was rude first, and
gave the plaintiff back half or all the money she'd paid, I forget
which. Suprisignly, in the hall after the trial, he admitted he got too
upset. The wife didn't seem upset at all, nor will a little rudeness
ruin most pregnancies.

I think they put the most interesting case first, of the 3 per hour.