Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default OT If schools

misterroy wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 1:44:51 PM UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 07/09/2019 12:32, ARW wrote:
spend more time actually teaching subjects than putting up anti gay and
anti bullying posters I might eventually find a school leaver that can
wipe it's own arse.

but he would be a nice boy....tee hee

It is not the schools, it is the parents.
"I was a knob-head at school, hated all my teachers, and I'm going to
make sure all my children are knob heads too."

That, unfortunately, is all too common. They dont want their children to
succeed where they failed. I actually heard someone say they would be
horrified if their son went to University. (The poor boy wasnt a pupil and
ended up with pitiful qualifications and in a dead end job.)

It will be because of these ignorant ****s that we have to teach children
to be nice to each other.
There are many very talented and hard working pupils in school.

Exactly.

One of the first things they teach you when training is that in a given
class there tends to be a few who will cause problems. A few who never
misbehave. The rest go with the flow. It isnt a precise guide but it works
pretty well. If you take care of the problems, the rest will follow. Once
you have a €˜learning environment, the rest is easy.