Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT If schools

In article ,
ARW wrote:
spend more time actually teaching subjects than putting up anti gay and
anti bullying posters I might eventually find a school leaver that can
wipe it's own arse.

Out of interest, Adam, do you really think it's a school's job to teach
kids how to wipe their arse?

Toilet training seems to be just another of the things where parents
increasingly blame anyone but themselves for their child's failings.

There was a head from a school "oop North" (I think Bradford) on Radio 4
a few weeks ago who said they now routinely have kids sent to them in
nappies so have in practice no option but to keep a stock and change
them. Admittedly this is with reception classes at age 4. And she made
much of circumstances - poverty, mothers with little or no English and
not working, etc. But even so it seems to me the school does have to
toilet train or face a messy few years.

Add to the list talking: unexceptional now for a child to turn up in
reception unable to communicate properly.

--
Robin