Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Testing Motor on GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 5 Sep 2019 18:06:27 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Maybe a lesson to learn here is that it can be risky to buy things
that deviate from the tried and true designs? I've never seen an
agitator-free model, except for front loaders, but then I haven't been
looking at washers in a long, long time. Seems to me, agitation is a good
and necessary thing. I would suspect a big potential problem today is
that manufacturer's are being pushed or forced to use less and less
water and energy.

We bought a Maytag top loading washer a few months back. I don't think
you could call the thing that sticks up about 3 inches an agitator.
Atleast not what I am think of that goes up and down. This machine has
a clear top. Youcan see the cloths just swishing back and forth.

That thing sure makes funny noises as it works. It messes aorund for a
short time to weigh the cloths and then puts in the ammount of water it
thinks it needs. Only thing it does like the old one is spin dry.

I hope it holds together. It does say a 10 year wattenty on the motor.

That sounds very good. AIUI, if it fails in less than 10 years, you get
a free watten.