Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Testing Motor on GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 5 Sep 2019 07:01:41 -0700 (PDT), WGUV
wrote:

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pum=

Mine, a Sears whirlpool made in 1979, doesn't have a lint filter either.
The manual says it has a lint chopper. Maybe yours has that too.

This might be good, but I'm one of 4 houses where when the stream nearby
is at flood stage, it overflows the sewer manhole cover in the middle of
the extended stream bed, and it backs up into my basement. I put in a
one-way valve in sink drain but it didn't work, I think because chopped
up lint kept the door from closing all the way.

If I lived somewhere else, a lint chopper would be okay with me,
assuming they are legal and afaik they are.

p flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitat=
or-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in no=
rmal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid it.

Will start new thread now

If it has no agitator, how does it push the soapy water through the
clothing?

Do you mean it has one of those vertical things with fins going one
direction, so the clothing tumbles?