Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Voter registration soaring - mostly the young

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 05/09/2019 10:04, Stephen Cole wrote:

150,000 people have registered to vote since Monday, with the majority of
them being young

The majority of new voters registering is *always* the young. It follows
from having a lower age limit but no upper one. The young ones replace
the old ones.

(under 45s). So, if that keeps up through the next few
weeks, the demographics at the next (very imminent) general election will
be somewhat more considerably left-leaning and remain-leaning than even
in
GE2017, particularly so when you factor in the €śnatural wastage€ť of older
right/leave voters.

This argument has been run so many times before, and it doesn't hold any
water. We all start out left-leaning, naive and idealistic

I didnt. Boris didnt either. Maggie didnt either.

but as we grow up, and have families, jobs, mortgages and
responsibilities, we become more realistic and conservative.

Corbyn and Foot didnt.

There's a crossover point in the demographic which all these simplistic
arguments fail to acknowledge.

Looks like Boris goose is cooked. Change is coming.

Strange that Corbyn has declined to put it to the test then.

Perhaps he's looked at the polls.