Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Voter registration soaring - mostly the young

Norman Wells wrote:
(under 45s). So, if that keeps up through the next few
weeks, the demographics at the next (very imminent) general election will
be somewhat more considerably left-leaning and remain-leaning than even in
GE2017, particularly so when you factor in the €śnatural wastage€ť of older
right/leave voters.

This argument has been run so many times before, and it doesn't hold any
water. We all start out left-leaning, naive and idealistic but as we
grow up, and have families, jobs, mortgages and responsibilities, we
become more realistic and conservative.

Maybe true of some people but by no means all. I think if anything I
have drifted slightly more left as I have got older but I've been
basically middle of the road Lib-Dem[ish] just about all my life.

--
Chris Green
·