Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Testing Motor on GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:01:47 AM UTC-4, WGUV wrote:
The only thing i like about this model is i only replaced one low cost electrical part at least 5 years ago and cant remember even what it was. If this failure had been a simple swap out of parts i would fix and keep it. But a 10 years washer is not worth spending over $200 and still not doing a good job cleaning.

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid it.

Will start new thread now

Maybe a lesson to learn here is that it can be risky to buy things
that deviate from the tried and true designs? I've never seen an
agitator-free model, except for front loaders, but then I haven't been
looking at washers in a long, long time. Seems to me, agitation is a good
and necessary thing. I would suspect a big potential problem today is
that manufacturer's are being pushed or forced to use less and less
water and energy.