Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 05/09/2019 11:59, NY wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

They do show a majority of brexiteers that would support no deal if
the EU was the one causing the problems, which it isn't.

That point of view is debatable. If the EU and the UK can't reach an
agreement on a deal which is acceptable to UK MPs, is the fault a) the
EU's, b) the UK's, c) both the EU's and the UK's. I'd go for option c):
*both* sides need to give ground if they are to reach a compromise, and
be prepared to abandon entrenched positions or restrictive rules of
engagement.

No they dont.

Because no deal is in fact the optimal outcome for both.
It's a terrible outcome for *Europe*, but Europe is - as it is rapidly
realizing - not something te EU gives a tuppeny **** about.

I hope we reach an *acceptable* deal by 31 October.

We wont.

Failing that, I just
want to get out of Europe and abandon the EU. I am pig-sick of MPs
stalling and preventing what was decided by the referendum from taking
place.

Indeed.

Is the EU willing to lose £39 billion in "divorce settlement" if the UK
leaves without a deal? Is the UK willing to live with the consequences
of no deal? Which side will give in?

The EU will, if te remainer plots dont work, accept no deal and then
demand £39bn before it sits down to talk trade.

I *hope* that Boris says 'come back when you have changed your mind'

Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being able
to call general elections at a time of their choosing?

Civil service wanted to guarantee stability with the clegg/cameron
coalition.

If the
Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that
rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an election
to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total* number of MPs.
In any election, those who abstain should be disregarded; not to do so
is to implicitly add their numbers to the losing side.

Indeed. a clever move by Corbyn.

Defeat it without actually voting against it.

IF we get a proper brexit government woth a mandate LOTS of what has
been going on - particularly Ber****s role - needs to be revisited.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)